Donor-Centered Stewardship and Acknowledgement
Fundraising success depends on knowing your donors well. Learn to engage your donors in meaningful ways to match donor philanthropic goals with organizational mission and outcomes.
Join TSNE MissionWorks’ highly rated trainers, Anne Peyton and Jenn Hayslett, for a lively workshop that emphasizes a donor-centered approach to strengthening a successful nonprofit development program. This workshop will include handouts, lecture, dialogue, interactive sessions, individual exercises, and work in groups and pairs.
Participants will learn how to:
- Identify elements of a culture of philanthropy and integrate it into your organization’s DNA.
- Work through a comprehensive assessment towards developing your organization’s donor-centered stewardship program by focusing on what donors tell us they value.
- Practice booking donor appointments and strategies for balancing office demands with out-of-office donor visits.
- Gather information from your donors through surveys, design and manage conversations, and plan next ‘touches’ to turn donors into lifetime investors.
- Emphasize donor stories and fundraising success in your materials and social media.
- Practical ways to engage your executive director and the board in fundraising and development.
Executive directors, nonprofit staff, and board members who want to strengthen fundraising skills and knowledge. This program gives you a comprehensive overview for what you need to know to develop a donor-centered program.
About the Trainers
Jenn Hayslett is a creative development professional with 25 years of leadership experience as a community organizer, marketer, teacher, fundraiser, and coach working with individuals and nonprofits.
Jenn’s deep non-profit experience includes heading capital campaigns, management of annual funds, leading major gifts efforts, designing donor stewardship programs, writing successful grants, and leading volunteers. Jenn’s specialty is in supporting small and mid-sized nonprofits in building and improving relationship-based fund development programs through board trainings and development coaching.
As a coach and consultant, Jenn supports individuals and organizations in clarifying their vision, designing an action plan, and holding them accountable in delivering their promise to the world.
Anne Peyton, CPF CFRE has worked in and with nonprofits for more than 35 years and is the owner of Yellow Brick Road™ consulting. She has been a watch officer at Hurricane Island Outward Bound, a medical and academic librarian, and major gift officer at Dartmouth College. Since 1989, Yellow Brick Road™ has worked with a variety of social benefit nonprofits: conservation and the environment, youth, education, arts and cultural organizations, hospitals, and more. YBR focuses on board governance, organizational development, strategic planning, and fundraising with facilitation, training, and coaching as additional areas of expertise. A grants management program offers services from one-time funding searches to full-scale grants management.