Instructor Bio: Maria Latimore
Register for the entire Project Management Series
- Introduction to Project and Program Management - October 9, 2019, 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Risk Management - October 23, 2019, 9:00am - 12:30pm
Registration for this event is closed. Please contact Fehintola Abioye (email@example.com) with any questions.
Project management helps organizations to manage initiatives that deliver business value, while change management supports people to transition to the resulting changes. Effectively integrating change management into projects requires that project leaders understand and leverage change management best practices. The class will cover all best practices, including the importance of continuously engaging and communicating with stakeholders and handling resistance.
Who Should Attend
This training is appropriate for all staff who are responsible for implementing projects or participate on project teams. It is introductory level training and participants do not have to have change or project management knowledge/experience to attend. This session will introduce the best practices of change management and describe simple and practical steps to use these practices to achieve project outcomes.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
- Learn change management fundamentals and vocabulary
- Become knowledgeable about change management best practices and how to effectively leverage them
- Learn how to integrate change management with project management
- Gain an understanding of the behavioral challenges related to change and the important role that managers play
- Learn why change resistance is normal and how to effectively mitigate it
- Become familiar with tools to collaborate with stakeholders and effectively communicate change