Webcast: Partnership Agreement Essentials for Tax Credit Projects - A Seasoned Asset Manager's Perspective (TC Series Pt I)
Register for the Entire Series
- Partnership Agreement Essentials for Tax Credit Projects - A Seasoned Asset Manager's Perspective (TC Series Pt I)
- Introduction to the LIHTC Financial Model - Development Costs, Basis, 15-Year Operating Pro Forma & Tax Benefits (TC Series Part II)
About the Training
So, what exactly is the purpose of a limited partnership agreement (LPA) in a partnership that leverages Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) equity to build affordable rental housing? More importantly, what are the essential LPA terms, conditions, obligations, covenants and responsibilities that you REALLY must understand as a stakeholder in a tax credit partnership? If you work in an organization that develops, operates or invests in LIHTC multifamily housing and would benefit from a seasoned expert's’ insights on the LPA or simply have limited experience navigating this essential document, this training is for you.
Join Vinnie Viola, Principal of Birch Island Real Estate Consulting, LLC, for a 90-minute live webcast that covers the essentials of LIHTC partnership agreements. The training will review the key frequently referenced sections of a typical LPA. Attendees can submit questions for real-time discussion and participate in on-screen polls.
- Purpose of Limited Partnership Agreement
- Partnership Formation & Structure
- Ancillary Legal Agreements
- What You REALLY Need To Understand in the LPA
- Capital Contributions
- Projected Tax Credit Amount & Equity Adjusters
- Rights, Powers & Obligations of the GP
- GP Limitation on Authority
- ILP Rights
- Cash Waterfall and Distributions
- Lifecycle Reporting Obligations
- LPA Exhibit - LIHTC Financial Model
- Year-15 Dispositions
- Tips for Successfully Managing a LIHTC Partnership
Is This Training For Me?
This training is ideal for tax credit professionals that need to understand the bottom line when it comes to effective administration of LIHTC partnerships:
- General partners, managing members, developers and guarantors
- Asset Managers that interact with tax credit project stakeholders
- Real Estate development project managers
- Senior property management staff
- Others interested in a developer’s perspective on LIHTC LPAs
Contact Vinnie with questions about the training at 617-905-6340 or email@example.com.
About the Presenter
Vinnie Viola, HCCP, MPA, is Principal and Founder of Birch Island Real Estate Consulting, LLC. His company provides asset management consulting services and cutting-edge web-based and private trainings to owners, developers, operators and investors of multifamily housing funded with LIHTC equity. With over 25 years’ experience, Vinnie has worked in for-profit, government and not-for-profit organizations that invest in, manage and regulate affordable housing. His career includes ten years in various leadership roles at Boston Financial Investment Management and Boston Capital, through which he gained expertise with asset management best practices and LIHTC program. In these roles, Vinnie actively participated in hundreds of investment committee meetings for prospective tax credit investments. He has proactively asset managed thousands of rental units in hundreds of investment partnerships, comprising over $1 billion in investor contributed tax credit equity. Vinnie received his Bachelor of Arts in Geography from the University of Massachusetts Boston and a Master of Public Affairs from the University of Texas Dallas.