Deadline for Advancing Racial Justice Online Learning Series
Who is this series designed for?
Advancing Racial Justice in Organizations (ARJ) is a capacity-building offering designed for teams of three to four people who want to develop plans for advancing racial justice and racial equity within their organizations or networks. The ideal team will include members of a new or ongoing Race, Equity, and Inclusion Team. Your team will be part of a cohort, learning alongside other teams about resources to design an organizational change process that includes different kinds of learning and planning activities to further racial equity in your work and internally in your organization or network.
What does the series include?
- A strategic and supportive opportunity to learn alongside your own colleagues as well as those from four or five other organizations or networks, with the guidance of IISC’s team of experienced racial equity trainers
- In-depth assignments to explore your organization’s readiness, assets, and challenges, as well as your personal strengths and growing edges
- Twenty-two hours of workshop time, spread over six online learning sessions (four sessions will be three hours long; two will be five hours long)
- Detailed homework assignments using tools to assist your team in collaboratively designing and implementing your racial equity change process and action plan. These assignments are designed to be completed with your ARJ team, as well as with your wider equity team and other organizational leaders and stakeholders.
- Opportunities for relationship building and coaching from your organizational team members and other members of the cohort
What are the learning outcomes and deliverables for participating teams?
By the end of this learning experience, you will be able to:
- Use language and analysis of institutional and structural racism that are commonly used in the field
- Clarify and build buy-in for the importance of addressing racism in your organization and in your program/issue areas
- Recognize key indicators of how racism expresses itself in organizational culture and identify ways to interrupt those dynamics
- Integrate equity primes, prompts, and tools into your ongoing work
- Design collaborative processes that support ongoing learning, planning, and action for racial equity
- Integrate learning, evaluation, and assessment throughout your processes
- Consult racial equity resources to identify tools, protocols, and more for use in your organization
- Build relationships and offer and receive peer coaching from other cohort members