Women on the Rise: Reimagining Equity in Boston Post-COVID-19
Location: Zoom webinar, link provided upon registration.
Please join us for “Women on the Rise: Reimagining Equity in Boston Post-COVID-19.” This year has taken a drastic turn with the emergence of COVID-19. This pandemic has made clear that our inequitable policies and responses are worsening existing disparities. As we continue to adjust to life in our new normal and as the city prepares to reopen, we must start to imagine Boston post-COVID-19. We have the opportunity, and a responsibility, to envision a better and more equitable Boston. This is important for communities of color, especially women of color, who have primarily experienced this crisis at the frontlines with a variety of challenges.
We invite you to hear from the women of the Boston City Council on how they envision a better, more equitable Boston.
- Kenzie Bok, Councilor of District 8
- Liz Breadon, Councilor of District 9
- Andrea Campbell, Councilor of District 4
- Lydia Edwards, Councilor of District 1
- Annissa Essaibi-George, Councilor At-Large
- Kim Janey, City Council President and Councilor of District 7
- Julia Mejia, Councilor At-Large
- Michelle Wu, Councilor At-Large
Beth Chandler, YW Boston President & CEO, will moderate this discussion.