Women of Color Leadership Circle Application Deadline
The Anna Faith Jones & Frieda Garcia
Women of Color Leadership Circle
"Each time a woman stands up for herself, without knowing it possibly, without claiming it, she stands up for all women."
- Maya Angelou
We are happy to announce the launch of the Anna Faith Jones & Frieda Garcia Women of Color Leadership Circle, facilitated by Kelly Bates, President, and Aba Taylor, Racial Equity & Training Practice Lead of Interaction Institute for Social Change (IISC). This program, designed by a team of women of color leaders, is inspired by the friendship, vision and close partnership of two groundbreaking women of color leaders: Anna Faith Jones and Frieda Garcia, the former President/CEO and Board Chair, respectively, of the Boston Foundation.
The Women of Color Leadership Circle is a six-month cohort program that honors the leadership, strength and resilience of women of color who do incredible work within their communities, and provide them with a cherished space to share challenges and opportunities. We envision the Women of Color Leadership Circle as a safe space for belonging, fellowship, learning, unlearning, self-care and restoration, where participants can share their challenges and frustrations and learn and grow from one another's experiences.
- Six monthly day-long sessions for women of color to develop professionally
- Nine hours of executive coaching for each participant
- Build networks, deepen connections, nurture leaders and communities, and foster collaboration
- Provide professional development support that is responsive to the experiences of women of color leaders in the nonprofit sector
- Raise the visibility of women of color leaders who are often overlooked
- Support women of color leaders to further develop their leadership and professional goals
- Create a safe space for fellowship, belonging, learning and self-care
For more information, including participant criteria, program curriculum and background, please visit tbf.org/WOCLC.
If you have any questions about the application process, please reach out to Andrea Madu, Senior Program Associate, Nonprofit Effectiveness at Andrea.Madu@tbf.org or at 617-338-2608.