Webinar: Prioritizing Youth Voice in Public Health Efforts
A brand new training, presented by the Community Health Training Institute:
Join us for this webinar, led by Health Resources in Action's Carly Caminiti and Natalie Cashin!
Topics: Youth engagement, integrating youth voice in public health conversations, implementing a youth development approach into coalition work.
Description: Empowering youth to engage and take an active role in public health can play a critical role in improving the health of a community through local policy change. This training will encourage participants to examine ways they can lift youth voices in public health processes while encouraging greater civic participation and representation through case studies and hands-on activities. Participants will gain the skills needed to engage youth in every step of the process when it comes to community organizing and engagement from gathering resources to understanding the climate of the community and educating officials about policy change. Involving youth voices in these processes is often the best way to encourage policymakers to make change. Participants will leave the training with strategies on how to intentionally engage youth in every step of the process for community change.
Learning Objectives: Participants will be able to:
- Identify levels of youth participation.
- Name strategies for engaging youth in every step of the process of promoting policy change.
- Identify best practices for engaging youth in community health work.
MA DPH Coalition Criteria Addressed:
- Consistency with MA DPH’s goals and priorities.
- Participation from key stakeholders (individuals and organizations that have a vested stake or interest in a program or policy initiative, e.g. it will impact them directly).
- Membership that is reflective of the community.
Contact Kelly Danckert (firstname.lastname@example.org)