Transformational Governance with a Racial Equity Lens
APPLY FOR SPRING SERIES
Applications due November 30th.
This “state of the art” governance capacity-building training series will provide your board members with innovative, best practices; concrete strategies for integrating a racial equity lens in your governance practices; and tools to help strengthen your Board’s effectiveness and ability to impact your community. This series is specifically designed for CDC boards, helping them engage more directly with, and become more accountable to the diverse communities they serve. This highly experiential training will be offered to 3‐5 CDCs who will work together as board teams, along with their Executive Directors. Participation includes two full-day training sessions, a board self-assessment, and one hour of coaching between sessions.
Comments from a Board Chair participant:
“Judy Freiwirth's Transformative Governance training sessions have been great for our organization and we keep coming back for more. Judy delivers well-organized, well-paced, challenging, fun, hands-on training that sticks! She has helped our group keep reaching for higher levels of strategic growth. Judy is an amazing trainer/facilitator! She is terrific! “
We ask each participating group to agree to the following:
- Board teams consisting of 3 to 5 members plus the Executive Director who commit to participate in BOTH training sessions
- The Executive Director will commit to participate in both sessions with their board team.
- Participation of the board team in a one-hour coaching session between training sessions.
- Participation of their full board in an online board self-assessment.
- If possible, the participants should reflect the diversity of the community the CDC serves and the diversity of the Board, with a mix of new and longer-term board members
Cost: $900 per team, $700 for MACDC member teams
Email Shirronda Almeida at email@example.com for more information and an application.
Training Dates will be determined by core groups.