Telling your Nonprofit’s Story in the Digital Age
Great storytelling is the best way to capture the attention, as well as the hearts and minds, of your supporters. According to research done by Waggener Edstrom of social media users who support nonprofits online, 56% said that compelling storytelling is what motivated them to take action in the first place.
Working together, the power of great stories and the reach of digital channels will inspire people to take a desired action (i.e., volunteer, sign a petition, attend an event, donate), and make it easy and desirable for your current supporters to share the story with their networks.
In this workshop, Julia Campbell, author of the new book, “Storytelling in the Digital Age: A Guide for Nonprofits”, will walk you step-by-step through the process of creating digital storytelling campaigns to raise awareness and funds, increase engagement with your online community, and accomplish your marketing goals.
- The five different types of stories to share about your work
- How to work with your team to create a system to collect these stories
- How to create a storytelling culture at your organization
- How to craft stories that will move your audience from passive to active
- Specific ways to use digital storytelling in online fundraising campaigns
- How to fill in your nonprofit digital storytelling calendar
- Battle-tested digital tools to rock your digital storytelling
- This workshop also includes the Storytelling in the Digital Age Workbook and Content Calendar template.
Social media managers, nonprofit communication professionals, nonprofit fundraisers.
About the Trainer
Julia Campbell has run her digital marketing consulting business for almost a decade, focused exclusively on mission-driven organizations. A mom of 2 and a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer, she is the author of Storytelling in the Digital Age: A Guide for Nonprofits, a call-to-action for nonprofits to use stories to accomplish their missions. Her passion is to get nonprofits of all sizes to stop spinning their wheels on social media and to start getting real results using digital tools.