Spicing Up Virtual Events
This training will provide participants with fun & engaging ways for producing virtual events on Zoom.
In this session, participants will explore:
• Creating a virtual event plan
• Utilizing Zoom and Streamyard - Pros & Cons of each platform
• Interactive activities from afar
• The importance of tech checks & dress rehearsals
• The benefits of recorded elements for a virtual event
• Tips & tricks on fundraising, speaking programs, and Zoom features
Participants will also have the opportunity to plan a faux virtual event & receive feedback.
● Conceptualize & create an event plan for a faux virtual event
● Answers to burning questions about virtual events
● Leave with a better understanding of how to manage a virtual event on the day of
● Tips & tricks you can use to make a virtual event engaging, fun, and effective
Kelly Ransom Bio
Madison Park Development Corporation’s Director of Communications and Public Affairs, Kelly Ransom, has been coordinating large-scale outdoor & indoor public & private events in Boston for 18 years. When COVID-19 turned the event planning industry upside down, she had to quickly pivot to adapt MPDC’s many events to a virtual format. She organized nearly a dozen successful virtual events during the pandemic, including job fairs, a garden tea party, forums, and a fundraising gala. She is excited to pass down her self-taught knowledge and help you create crisp, interactive, and memorable virtual events.
In partnership with MPDC