The Road to an Effective Grant Proposal: Corporation and Foundation Grant Writing
Writing an effective grant is all about connecting the dots: what is the funder seeking and how do I demonstrate my organization’s link to their specific interests? Learn to write a compelling and competitive grant in this lively and fun introduction to nonprofit grant writing.
Participants will learn how to:
- Research and identify prospective funders via the internet and other resources (“who should I ask for what?”)
- Use compelling and relevant language to interest grant reviewers in their organization’s impact and mission
- Develop the program narrative in a way that highlights the most important elements from the funder’s perspective
- Employ clear, concise, positive style
- Format for readability and understanding
- Develop budgets and prepare other required materials
- Prepare to provide accurate and timely reports
- Generally, leave with an understanding of the major components of an effective grant
This half-day, hands-on session will focus on grant writing and researching corporations and foundations.
Target Audience: Ideal for newer development professionals as well as those staff persons who may be responsible for grant writing as a component of their job duties.