People & Places 2019 Conference
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
18 NATIONAL NONPROFITS HAVE JOINED FORCES TO PRESENT PEOPLE & PLACES 2019
Be part of the event that galvanizes the community development movement! Join people from different regions, cultures, and national networks as we share what's working to strengthen places and advance racial equity. We'll inspire each other, strengthen our skills, and unite our networks. Together, we will go to Capitol Hill to meet with Members of the U.S. Congress about issues facing low-income people and disinvested places.
Participate in the pre-conference workshop, Claim the Torch: Community Organizations Advancing Racial Equity, on April 15 from 8:30-11:30 am.
Plan to attend April 15-17 at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel — minutes from Washington, DC and Reagan National Airport.
- Seema Agnani, Executive Director ‐ National Coalition for Asian Pacific American Community Development
- Cory Booker (Invited), Senator for New Jersey ‐ United States Senate
- Joaquin Castro (Invited), Congressman for Texas District 20 ‐ United States House of Representatives
- Noel Poyo, Executive Director and CEO ‐ National Association for Latino Community Asset Builders
- Cy Richardson, Senior Vice President ‐ National Urban League
- Elizabeth Warren (Invited), Senator for Massachusetts ‐ United States Senate
- Frank Woodruff, Executive Director ‐ National Alliance of Community Development Corporations