Nexus Summer Program Application Deadline
REEC CRE SUMMER INTENSIVE
FOR TALENTED STUDENTS OF COLOR
With NEXUS Summer Programs as program coordinator, the REEC CRE summer program is a unique academic-intensive experience for high school students created to expose teens of color to a variety of colleges and career opportunities in commercial real estate (“CRE”).
OUR GOAL: To expose 1,500 teens to careers in CRE by 2023
WHY REEC CRE SUMMER PROGRAM?
- Address shortage of diverse professionals in the commercial real estate (“CRE”)industry
- Through extensive REEC involvement, diverse students are exposed to CRE executives of color “who look like them”, a critical component that is lacking in many other programs
- Proven, high-touch/early intervention approach to fill gaps in traditional college recruiting and job fairs
- Will create a pipeline of diverse future interns and working professionals in the CRE industry
- 12-day, pre-college, real estate intensive targeting top diverse high school students
- Hosted in summer 2019 on a variety of leading university campuses: Cornell University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Roosevelt University, & University of Miami.
- Program covers topics such as commercial real estate development, finance, investment, architecture and more, while injecting culturally relevant experiences into the curriculum
- Includes case study and “competitive pitch” presentation
- Leverages partnership with national real estate organizations, corporations and foundations that have included: NAIOP, CBRE, Cushman & Wakefield, Hines, JLL, Liberty Property Trust, Brandywine Realty Trust and Basis Impact Group Foundation
- Utilizes GP/LP model to create scalable partnership structure in order for REEC to achieve goal of 1,500 students in 5 years
REEC’s program is a feeder to organizations that receive its graduates as participants in college-level internship programs. REEC & NEXUS will leverage past work relationships and create a pipeline to SEO and other in-college career development organizations.
For more information, contact:
Executive Director, REEC