NCDA HOME Basics Course
NCDA is pleased to announce the delivery of a three-day basic certification course on the HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) Program. The course will provide a basic, but comprehensive overview of the HOME program. This course will include information on:
- The fundamentals of the program (history, reading the regulations, and a general overview of the course materials);
- Eligible and prohibited activities;
- Eligible costs (eligible project costs, CHDO costs, eligible planning and administrative costs, tenant-based rental assistance, and pre-award costs);
- CHDOs (overview of the role of CHDOs, certifying CHDOs, special CHDO costs, other special requirements);
- General program requirements (program-wide income targeting, distribution of assistance)
- Project requirements (general project requirements, rental housing, homeownership, rehabilitation of owner-occupied housing, tenant-based rental assistance).
- Match requirements
- Program administration (consolidated plan, financial management, working with subrecipients, CHDOs, contractors, owners, developers, and sponsors, monitoring, record keeping, reporting performance);
- Complying with other federal requirements
- Achieving quality administration
The course will be reinforced through in-class exercises. Course participants will also receive a comprehensive training manual that includes the HOME program regulations and important HOME notices. And, for those wishing to receive a “Certificate of Completion,” there will be a course exam (which must be taken on site) on the final afternoon of the course. The exam is not mandatory; however, it is an excellent barometer of one’s understanding of the program as a whole. The class day will run all three days from 9am to 4:30pm.
ATTIRE - Business casual
Contact Steve Gartrell at firstname.lastname@example.org.