Innovation Forum: State of the CDFI Field
Please join us for this exciting presentation by featured guest, Michael Swack followed by a panel and discussion about the state of the Community Development Finance Industry. Key questions to be discussed include:
- How has the CDFI sector emerged from the Great Recession?
- How are large and small CDFIs are faring?
- What has been the impact of consolidation in the banking industry on CDFIs?
- Is the Impact Investing movement impacting the CDFI sector?
- How will the emergence of private online lenders impact CDFIs in the future?
- Denise Scott, LISC, Executive Vice President for Programs, moderator
- Dan Letendre, Senior Vice President, Bank of America
- Bill Thompson, CFO, Mass Housing Investment Corp
- Jeanne Pinado, Executive Director Madison Park
Michael Swack is a professor at the University of New Hampshire where he has appointments at the Carsey School of Public Policy and the Paul College of Business and Economics. He is the faculty director of the Center for Social Innovation and Finance. Dr. Swack has published in the areas of community development finance, community investment and mission related investment. Recent publications include a comprehensive industry analysis of the Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) industry for the CDFI Fund and a book, co-written with Charles Tansey entitled Capital Markets, CDFIs and Organizational Credit Risk. In 2000 he founded, and continues to direct, the Financial Innovations Roundtable, a program that promotes new approaches and policies designed to build the field of community development finance and increase access to capital for community development intermediaries.