Healthy Homes: Assessment and Interventions
Registration for this event is closed. Please contact Fehintola Abioye (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Join the Mel King Institute, Revitalize CDC, The Public Health Institute of Western Massachusetts, and the City of Springfield for this amazing training for Public Health and Housing Practitioners.
DATE & TIMES:
Wednesday, January 15, 8:30am - 4:30pm
Thursday, January 16, 8:30am - 4:30pm
Friday, January 17, 8:30am - 12:00pm
- Conduct an assessment & resident interview
- Develop strategies for assessing health-related hazards in a home
- Conduct an onsite inspection
- Develop a comprehensive action plan
- Identify responsible parties, estimating costs, the bid process, communicating with residents, managing quality control and keeping records
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Construction Healthy Home Practitioners will have priority
- Housing Code Enforcement Personnel
- Persons Concerned about Health & Housing
- Environmental Health Professionals
- HUD Healthy Homes & Lead Grantees
- Lead & Housing Inspectors/Risk Assessors
- Healthy Homes Evaluators/Assessors
About the Instructor:
David Turcotte, Sc.D. is Research Professor in the Department of Economics, Director of the New England Healthy Homes Training Center and a senior environmental health researcher/program director within the Center for Community Research and Engagement at the University of Massachusetts Lowell. He has served as Principal Investigator on several United States Housing and Urban Development (HUD) intervention research grants, including two recent Healthy Homes Technical Studies that conducted environmental hazards assessments and interventions in the homes of diverse low-income children and older adults. David chairs the Massachusetts Asthma Action Partnership and its Healthy Housing Committee. He has conducted numerous healthy homes training courses over the last 15 years and holds a Doctor of Science degree from the University of Massachusetts Lowell in Work Environment Policy/Pollution Prevention. Recently published in The Lowell Sun.
Western MA Lodging:
For those wishing to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Holyoke, MA a discounted room rate of $139 per night including breakfast and parking is available. Book your room HERE.
Revitalize Community Development Corporation
Start Date: Tuesday, January 14, 2020
End Date: Saturday, January 18, 2020
There are also rooms available at the Sheraton in Downtown Springfield for $162/night. You can park overnight at MGM for free and walk to everything rather than driving and parking. If you would like to book the Sheraton in Downtown please contact Colleen Loveless at email@example.com.
Parking Details for Training Site:
Participants can park at the MGM Parking Garagre for FREE and walk over to the Community Foundation.
The MGM Parking Garage Entrance is on East Columbus Avenue off of 91 right next to Berkshire Bank at 1259 East Columbus Avenue in Springfield.