Getting Started with Community Heart & Soul Virtual Workshop Series
Learn how to get started with Community Heart & Soul, a powerful way to strengthen community.
About this Event
Our free Getting Started with Community Heart & Soul Virtual Workshop Series, starts September 29, 2020! This five-part series will prepare participants to get started with Community Heart & Soul, a proven model for community development based on what matters most.
About the Virtual Workshop Series
Community Heart & Soul is a unique community development model that brings people together to build stronger, healthier, and more economically vibrant small cities and towns based on what matters most to everyone. It results in a clear path for the future while restoring pride, attracting new leaders, honoring history and culture, and building trust.
Guided by three principles—Involve Everyone, Focus on What Matters Most, and Play the Long Game—Community Heart & Soul towns in 19 states from Maine to Washington are demonstrating resilience during crisis.
Learn steps to get started with Community Heart & Soul in this free virtual workshop series.
Who Should Attend?
Residents, community leaders, and organizations with an interest in guiding community actions based on the simple premise—what matters most in their communities.
Five Virtual Workshop Sessions in this Series
Join us Tuesdays from 1-2pm Eastern for live virtual workshops on the following topics. Register once to participate in all five sessions. Virtual workshops will be recorded and links will be shared with all registrants.
- Sept. 29: An Introduction to Community Heart & Soul: Discover how the three principles of Community Heart & Soul lead to positive change in small cities and towns.
- Oct. 6: The Four Elements of Readiness: Learn how to prepare for Community Heart & Soul by recognizing existing community strengths and opportunities.
- Oct 13: Who Lives, Works and Plays in Our Community?: Understand how to begin a Community Network Analysis to reach and involve as many people as possible.
- Oct. 20: Spreading the Word About Heart & Soul in Our Community: Prepare to talk with others in the community about Community Heart & Soul and its benefits.
- Oct. 27: Community Investment in Heart & Soul: Begin planning for the resources needed to carry out Community Heart & Soul.
If you’re unable to attend the workshop but would like more information on Community Heart & Soul, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Community Workbook: Getting Started with Community Heart & Soul
The virtual workshop series pairs with Getting Started With Community Heart & Soul: A Community Workbook. The workbook provides practical step-by-step guidance for bringing Community Heart & Soul to a community. Get the guide.