Effective Supervision Part II: A Deeper Dive into Decision Making, Communication and Performance Management
Successful supervisors start with curiosity and awareness of their own supervisory and communication style, as well as their particular cultural lens. By expanding their view and skillfully shifting these default approaches, they can more fully develop staff and maximize performance.
This highly participatory and reflective training takes a deeper look at concepts discussed in TSNE MissionWorks’ Effective Supervision workshop. Participants will:
- Review the four supervisory styles and reflect on ways that adaptive practice has improved and challenged supervisory relationships
- Consider approaches to decision making as they relate to staff readiness
- Deepen their practice of relationship-building communication skills
- Consider a model of staff performance management and engage in adaptive feedback and communication to address performance issues at all levels
- Come prepared to actively participate! Participants must have taken Effective Supervision as a prerequisite for this training.
Supervisors who have participated in TSNE’s Effective Supervision training and wish to deepen their adaptive practice.
About the Trainers
Lyn Freundlich is a Senior Consultant specializing in Human Resources Consulting and Training. Lyn has worked with TSNE MissionWorks since 2003. In 2005, Lyn launched the human resources training and consulting practice, which she now runs full time. In this capacity, Lyn partners with local and national nonprofits to build human resources systems that are reflective of each organization’s vision and values. She provides compensation reviews, performance management consultations, supervisor training and employee relations coaching, and consultations. Lyn is a seasoned trainer coach and consultant serving dozens of clients each year.
Joanne Horgan is currently a consultant and lead trainer for TSNE MissionWorks specializing in human resources systems. Joanne has worked with TSNE MissionWorks since 1993 where she served as Director of Human Resources. Joanne currently provides human resources consulting and training to TSNE MissionWorks’ clients. In this capacity, she leads comprehensive human resources assessments, offers employee relations coaching and consultation, helps managers build effective supervisory skills, and works with organizations to build performance management systems.