Deadline for UMass Boston Workstudy Internship Application
The Department of Education has chosen UMass Boston as a Federal Work Study (FWS) Experimental Site. This experiment grants waivers to specific Federal Work Study regulations to increase opportunities for academic/career related internships.
- Increase partnerships between UMass Boston and industry
- Improve college retention and completion rates among UMass Boston students
- Reduce student debt levels
- Improve post-graduate employment outcomes
Financial Coverage of Internships: FWS funds can be used to cover the following costs:
- For-profit organizations: 50% of student wages
- Non-profit/government/qualifying small businesses: 75% of student wages
Students are paid through UMass Boston paychecks. Organizations will receive an invoice on their wage share contributions.
Individual or Cohort Model: Employers can hire an individual intern or hire a group/cohort of students
- Spring Part-time Internship: January-May/June
- Summer Internship: June 2021 (Potential extension option)
- Internship placements cannot be used to fill or displace designated FTE (full-time equivalent) positions or employees.
Deadline to Express Interest:
- Priority Deadline: Wednesday, December 23rd
- All other inquiries will be assessed on a rolling basis until the program is filled
- Employers will be notified in early January with next steps
Contact: Matt Power-Koch, Manager of University Internships at: email@example.com or call 617-287-5519 if you are interested in participating in the Federal Work Study Internship Program and to receive more information.