Community Meditation Night at The Mel King Institute
Please join us on the evening of May 22nd for a Community Meditation Night, lead by Gena Bean of Mindful Boston.
We welcome you to arrive early to settle in, around 5pm-ish is a good time. Our official event start time is 5:15pm. Gena Bean will be leading meditation for us.
- 5pm - It's great to arrive early to ask questions and find a good seat. We have chitchat time starting around 5-ish. Come hang out with us and ask the teacher questions.
- 5:15pm - Class starts.
(Please be aware that the doors will be locked at 5:30pm so that our meditation time is not disturbed.)
- 6:30pm - Class ends.
The 75 minutes that we spend together for this class will include:
- discussion about meditation and mindfulness
- instructions on how to meditate
- experience a meditation
The length of the meditation itself will probably be about 15 to 25 minutes long. No previous experience is required; the meditation will be easy for beginners to understand.
Things to know:
- The Mel King Institute is offering its conference room. There will be enough chairs for about 20 people.
- Yes, handicapped accessible.
- "Do I need to bring anything?"
- It's fine to just show up as you are. There are no requirements to bring anything. And you won't need any special clothing.
- It's always nice to hydrate yourself. So you might want to have a bottle for water. The conference room has a cooler.
- There is no charge for this event. It is a gift to the community.
Learn more at Mindful Boston's page.