Business Development Certificate Program
Cambridge College, Mel King Institute for Community Building, and Massachusetts Growth Capital Corporation (MGCC) have formed a new partnership to deliver innovative programming designed to enhance the skills and resources of business development professionals who are committed to supporting the successful launch and growth of small businesses across the Commonwealth.
The program will offer 11 half days of training (9:30am - 12:30pm) to be held online via Zoom starting on March 2, 2021. The courses will be taught by faculty from Cambridge College, seasoned business professionals and attorneys from the Lawyers for Civil Rights. The program modules include:
- March 2 - Module 1: Introduction to Small Business Environment
- March 9 & 16 - Module 2: Business Planning Basics
- March 23 & 30 - Module 3: Bookkeeping and Forecasting
- April 6 & 13 - Module 4: Marketing Fundamentals & Brand Management
- April 27 & May 4 - Module 5: Small Business Legal Overview
- May 11 & May 18 - Module 6: Small Business Coaching
Learn More about the Instructors HERE.
The program is open to anyone working as a business counselor or technical assistance provider to small businesses.
***MGCC’s Small Business Technical Assistance Grantees have a discounted tuition rate of $500 for the Certificate Program.
First offered in 2020, this program was well received by participants. The partnership will be offering in 2021 due to this positive feedback.
Learn more about the program here: