Building Operator Certification (BOC®) Level 1 Course
LISC and the City of Boston, along with co-sponsors Mel King Institute, CHAPA, and NEAHMA, are excited to support a Building Operator Certification (BOC®) Level I course for Boston's multifamily affordable housing maintenance professionals.
BOC helps building engineers, maintenance supervisors, and others in the skilled trades advance their skills and careers in energy efficient operation of buildings. Since 1996, BOC has equipped building operators with the know-how to reduce building-related energy consumption and occupant comfort complaints. Independent research shows that BOC credential-holders consistently save money and energy in their facilities – up to $20,000 a year – thanks to energy conservation projects, air quality improvements, and other initiatives. For specific examples, take a look at case studies featuring BOC graduates.
BOC Level I is designed for operators with two or more years of experience in building operation and maintenance who wish to broaden their knowledge of the total building system. Completion of Level I requires a time commitment of 74 hours which includes seven classes, work-site projects, and open-book tests.
The course will take place at Urban Edge (1542 Columbus Ave, Roxbury, MA 02119) and run from November 6th through February 12th – please see attached flyer for complete schedule details.
- You can register multiple people at once. This option does not show up until the Summary page, where there is a button labeled "Add Person". If you have questions about registrations, please reach out to Teresa Squillace at email@example.com.
Those who complete the training may be eligible for up to 100% tuition reimbursement as customers of the utilities. Please email Elise DelBarone (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Bill Bullock (email@example.com) to confirm you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Participant must work in properties that are at least 50,000 square feet and served by Eversource and/or National Grid.
- Only 1 staff from each property allowed to seek reimbursement every 5 years.
- Participant must show Training Certificate of Completion.
- Utilities will reimburse the tuition costs ($1,895/participant), but do not cover the $285 exam fee for the participant to receive their BOC Level 1 credential.
- The upfront cost of training is the responsibility of each participating property management company/self-managed provider.
- If not paying upfront costs by card, please select “Other” under offline payment option during the registration process and provide preferred invoicing contact.
- For questions regarding payment process unique to your organization, please contact Teresa Squillace at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reach out to Emily Jones (email@example.com) with any related questions.