Board Chairs Leading the Way: A Training Series for Current and Prospective Board Chairs
Registration for this event is closed. Please contact Fehintola Abioye (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Join us for 3 Training Sessions that will lead you and your Board on the path to success!
- Judy Freiwirth, Psy.D., Principal, Nonprofit Solutions Associates
- Hilary Marcus, M.P.A., Principal, Hilary Marcus Consulting
- (with special guest presenters from Codman Square Neighborhood Development Corp: Coleen Walker, Board Chair and Gail Latimore, ED who will discuss their experiences in how to develop a successful working relationship)
Board chairs have enormous responsibilities and accountability for the success of their boards. This unique hands-on training series will focus on practical strategies for becoming a more effective and skilled leader for your board.
Participants will learn about:
- competencies and characteristics for being an effective board chair
- how to develop an effective Board Chair-Executive Director relationship
- how to design more productive meetings and build an engaged board
- how to successfully engage residents/constituents in governance decisions
- how to build a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive board
- new models and practices of shared governance/leadership
Hold the dates, spread the word, and join us for this exciting, one of a kind training series! Open to current or prospective board chairs only.
Criteria for Participation:
- Attend all three sessions
- Read and consider materials for practical application between sessions
Dinner will be served.