Board Chairs Leading the Way: A New Training Series for Current and Prospective CDC Board Chairs
Judy Freiwirth, Psy.D., Principal, Nonprofit Solutions Associates
Hilary Marcus, M.P.A., Principal, Hilary Marcus Consulting
Board chairs have enormous responsibilities and accountability for the success of their boards, but little attention is given to how to become a highly effective board chair. This new experiential and hands-on training series offered by the Mel King Institute will focus on practical strategies for becoming a more successful and skilled leader for your board.
Participants will learn about:
- competencies and characteristics for being an effective board chair,
- how to develop an effective Board Chair-Executive Director relationship,
- how to build an engaged board,
- how to successfully engage residents in governance decisions,
- how to build a more diverse, equitable and inclusive board, and;
- new models and practices of shared governance/leadership.
Hold the dates, spread the word, and join us for this exciting new training series! Open to current or prospective board chairs only.