Beyond Diversity to Inclusion
How do organizations create an environment where people feel they can actively participate, where their contributions are respected and valued? This workshop is about taking that next step toward moving beyond the individualism of diversity to the systemic and cultural change needed to build inclusive organizations.
- Share of best practices on how to move from representation to inclusion
- Understand the role of implicit bias and impact on leadership, hiring, staffing and decision-making
- Learn to have courageous conversations about race
- The role of intentionality – orientation to an inclusive culture that is self-perpetrating through organizational systems, policies, and practices
- What does commitment and leadership look like throughout this long process?
- Developing awareness about white dominant cultural norms and bias against people of color
- Understanding micro-aggressions
- Differentiating between diversity and inclusion
- Understanding power and privilege
- Defining institutional racism and its manifestations within an organization
- Creating safe spaces for courageous and difficult conversations about race
- The role of leadership in commitment to inclusion
- Allowing for the co-creation of ideas