Advanced Supervision: Decode, Identify and Practice
Participants are required to have completed TSNE's Effective Supervision workshop in order to take Advanced Supervision.
Successful supervisors skillfully adapt their own style to meet the needs of each individual they supervise. Decoding how much direction, feedback and autonomy staff needs is part of the equation. The other part is identifying and practicing supervisory skills and behaviors associated with styles that don’t necessarily come naturally.
This highly participatory and reflective training takes a deeper look at concepts discussed in TSNE's Effective Supervision workshop. Participants will:
- Find out what other leadership models offer and consider the ways traditional leadership models apply to supervision
- Examine specific communications skills associated with each supervisory style
- Consider different approaches to decision making
- Learn more about performance management
- Practice new behaviors to enhance supervisory repertoire
- Come prepared to actively participate!