The Midwest Academy Strategy Chart is...
- Monday October 1, 2018 - Friday October 5, 2018
- Monday October 1, 20185:00pm - 7:00pmLocation:Carrie Nation Cocktail Club (11 Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02108)
Join us for a night of appetizers, drinks and conversation with cross-sector professionals that are working to create buy-in, trust, and inclusion with an array of audiences. Connect with other...
- Tuesday October 2, 20184:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.Location:100 Northern Ave., Boston, MA 02210Instructor:Veronica Zhang, Community Action Program Legal Services; Brittany Besler, Krokidas & Bluestein LLP
This two-hour workshop offers an overview of compliance requirements with various government agencies and...
- Tuesday October 2, 20182:00pm - 2:30pm
Please join us for a call to learn more about the upcoming Mentoring Program and how to become involved. Once registered, you will receive call-in information.
The Mentoring Program helps...
- Thursday October 4, 20182:00 - 3:30 PM EDT
About This Training
While the limited partnership agreement is the legal contract for a Low-income Housing Tax...
- Sunday October 7, 2018 - Monday October 8, 2018...
- Monday October 8, 2018 - Thursday October 11, 2018
Connect with the world of real estate at the 2018 ULI Fall Meeting, to be held October 8-11 at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center in Boston,...
- Monday October 8, 2018
Applications now open!
The Mentoring Program...
- Tuesday October 9, 20181:00pm - 2:00pmInstructor:Hilary Marcus
Boards of Directors can face the opportunity or imperative to change in substantial ways. This webinar will focus on the significant changes to the CHAPA board...
- Tuesday October 16, 201810am – 3:30pmLocation:Quincy Housing Authority (15A Bicknell Street, Quincy, MA 02169)...
- Wednesday October 24, 20189:00am - 4:00pm...
- Thursday October 11, 201810:00am - 3:00pmLocation:Duck Mill (4 Union Strteet, Lawrence, MA 01840)Instructor:Jim Wilde, Merrimack Valley Housing Partnership; Ana Luna, ACT Lawrence; Iris Perdomo, Lawrence Community Works., Inc.; Kaitlyn Mulhern, Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston
The Train the Trainer will be a training dedicated to helping homeownership counselors refresh and update their skills. The training will cover the first-time homebuyer...
- Friday October 12, 20189:00am - 11:00amLocation:Boston Private (10 Post Office Square, Boston, MA 02109)Instructor:Amanda Pelcher, CPA, Manager of AAFCPAs
Understanding and implementing accounting standards can be complex, time-consuming, and often requires requisite skills and expertise not found on the internal finance team. Amanda Pelcher, CPA,...
- Saturday October 13, 20188:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.Location:Marlborough Holiday Inn (265 Lakeside Ave, Marlborough, MA 01752)
Members of Affordable Housing Trust boards
- Monday October 15, 20186:30 PM to 8:30 PMLocation:Reading Public Library (64 Middlesex Ave, Community Room A, Reading, MA 01867)
Local officials and board members are invited to a workshop on the Chapter 40B statute. Led by...
- Tuesday October 16, 2018 - Thursday October 18, 20189:00am - 4:00pm
This high-energy crash course provides homeownership counselors with the knowledge and skills they need to analyze credit profiles and determine the impact of specific credit behaviors on the...
- Thursday October 18, 20189:00am - 3:30pmLocation:The NonProfit Center (Conference Center West Room, 2nd Floor, 89 South Street, Boston, MA 02111)Instructor:Trina Jackson
How do organizations create an environment where people feel they can actively participate, and where their contributions are respected and...
- Thursday October 18, 20188:30am - 5:00pmLocation:Castle Square Tenants Organization (476 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02116)
- Friday October 19, 20189:00am - 1:00pmLocation:Trinity Church (206 Clarendon Street, Boston, MA 02116)
Trinity Boston Foundation is excited to be launching an Emerging Leaders Circle this year. This circle will be people who are in various levels of leadership in their nonprofit organization (...
- Monday October 22, 2018 - Tuesday October 23, 20188:00am - 2:00pmLocation:Mohegan Sun Earth Expo & Convention Center (One Mohegan Sun Boulevard, Uncasville, CT 06382)
On October 22-23, 2018, Community Action leaders from Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island will come together at the Mohegan Sun Earth Expo & Convention Center in Uncasville, CT for the...
- Monday October 22, 20187:00pmLocation:Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) (MIT Room 3-270, 33 Massachusetts Ave. (Rear), Cambridge, MA 02139)
DUSP Urban Planning Film Series presents
Mission Hill and the Miracle of Boston
with Special Guest: Karilyn Crockett, Lecturer, MIT
MISSION HILL & THE...
- Wednesday October 24, 20188:15am - 4:30pmLocation:Boston Society of Architects (290 Congress Street, Boston, MA 02210)
The 2018 LOCUS New England Leadership Summit brings together the nation’s leading real estate developers, investors, and local elected officials from around the region to share...
- Tuesday October 23, 20182:00pm EST
Host an Enterprise Rose Architectural Fellow
Becoming a Rose Fellow Host
Join us on Tuesday, October 23...
- Wednesday October 24, 20189:00am - 4:00pmLocation:Espacio (105 Congress Street, Salem, MA 01970)Instructor:Jennifer Gilbert
Real estate development isn’t rocket surgery. Nonetheless it’s easy...
- Thursday October 25, 20184:00pm - 6:00pmLocation:Urban Edge (1542 Columbus Ave., Roxbury, MA 02119)
This Regroup session is open to people who have participated in any Undoing Racism Workshop facilitated by the People’s Institute for Survival and Beyond (ever at anytime, anywhere)....
- Friday October 26, 201810:00am - 1:00pmLocation:Community Center (142 Warren Street, Boston, MA 02119)
Increase the efficiency and profitability of your business
Financial Statements: What are they and how are they used
This workshop will provide a fundamental...
- Saturday October 27, 20189:30am - 3:30pmLocation:Regis College (235 Wellesley Street, Weston, MA 02493)
On Saturday, October 27, join with others who are committed to racial justice, equity, and inclusion at the Anti-Racism Organizing in the Suburbs (AROS) MetroWest symposium. Gain...
- Monday October 29, 2018 - Wednesday October 31, 20188:00am – 4:00pm Oct. 29 & 30; 8:30am – 12pm Oct. 31Location:Fairfield Inn & Suites Ingleside Mall (229 Whiting Farms Road, Holyoke, MA 01040)
- Conduct an assessment & resident interview
- Develop strategies for assessing health-related hazards in a home...
- Monday October 29, 2018 - Wednesday October 31, 2018Monday and Tuesday, 9-5pm; Wednesday the 31st, 9-12pmLocation:The Nonprofit Center (89 South Street, Boston, MA 02111)
- Tuesday October 30, 20189:30am - 3:00pmLocation:Community Teamwork Inc. (Board Room, 155 Merrimack Street, Lowell, MA 01852)Instructor:Martha Oesch, Curriculum Developer/Trainer and Principal at Oesch Consulting, and Patricia Pelletier, Curriculum Developer/Trainer and Principal at Pelletier Consulting
Direct Service Staff Training Track
Target Audience: Direct service staff
A hands-on, interactive training that will delve into lessons from the Massachusetts...
- Wednesday October 31, 20182:30pm - 3:30pm EST
Through our work, we know that integrating culture and creativity into the development process can strengthen a community while creating a built environment that reflects the residents’ vision....